Semi Senior Accountant
Portslade, East Sussex
c£28,000 – £30,000pa
Part-time or full time
Highly reputable firm of Chartered Accountants based near Brighton & Hove providing accounting, tax and auditing services seeks a Semi Senior Accountant to join their friendly and successful team. They offer a generous salary, study assistance (if required) and excellent training to help you continually progress throughout your career with them. Experience of working for a UK firm of chartered accountants is essential for this particular role.
They are now offering a Semi Senior Accountant or Assistant Accountant with a thorough understanding of debits and credits the opportunity to join their business advisory team.
Reporting to senior managers/partners, your current and future responsibilities will include:
· Preparing accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
· Preparing VAT returns and submissions to HMRC
· Assisting with payroll and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
· Liaising with clients on accounts queries
· Training clients on use of Sage, Xero, QuickBooks
In return, they offer:
· On-going support, training and exposure to a variety of software
· A generous market salary
· Encouragement and support to continue and further your accountancy studies, if desired
Portslade is a thriving business hub close to Brighton, which is a diverse and multi-cultural seaside city with a great climate. It has amazing all-year-round nightlife with various clubs, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas and music venues with regular one-off attractions such as the Brighton Marathon, Fringe Festival, countless food festivals, regular Vintage Car & Motorbike rallies, the London to Brighton Cycle Race and Brighton Pride – to name just a few.
Why should you apply?
· You are a qualified AAT or similar with experience of working within a UK firm of accountants and seeking a new challenge
· The firm has a nurturing culture that wants you to feel happy and respected, whilst progressing ever upwards in your career
· The on-going training on offer will stand you in excellent stead for your future career
· Brighton & Hove is an amazing city in which to live and work where you can enjoy a proper work/life balance
How to apply
For further information and to apply, please click on the appropriate link or call Nigel Patrick now on 07775 863724 for a confidential discussion.
We are committed to equal opportunities in full accordance with the equality Act 2010 and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are fully GDPR 2018 compliant
£28000.00 – £30000.00 annum +